26-yr-old man marries for eighth time in MP
Shahdol: A 26-year-old boy from Patera Tola village here married for the eighth time, deserting all his earlier wives.
Umendra Prasad Mahra tied the knot recently on February seven.
His sixth wife Devki Bhai Mahra had complained about him before Vandana Mandavi, a member of the Madhya Pradesh Women`s Commission.
Devki told Vandana that Umendra had married her on September 7, 2009 but left her about a year back.
She said that later on she came to know that Umendra had wedded five times before marrying her.
According to Devki, this man stays with the wife till she gets pregnant and then would force her to go for an abortion and when she refused he would leave her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off