26-yr-old man marries for eighth time in MP
Shahdol: A 26-year-old boy from Patera Tola village here married for the eighth time, deserting all his earlier wives.
Umendra Prasad Mahra tied the knot recently on February seven.
His sixth wife Devki Bhai Mahra had complained about him before Vandana Mandavi, a member of the Madhya Pradesh Women`s Commission.
Devki told Vandana that Umendra had married her on September 7, 2009 but left her about a year back.
She said that later on she came to know that Umendra had wedded five times before marrying her.
According to Devki, this man stays with the wife till she gets pregnant and then would force her to go for an abortion and when she refused he would leave her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened
- Haryana DGP says common man has right to take criminal's life. Read his shocking views here
- Taliban leader Mullah Mansour was living under ISI protection
- Modi ministers on UP visit from today for 'NDA outreach' program