26-yr-old man marries for eighth time in MP
Shahdol: A 26-year-old boy from Patera Tola village here married for the eighth time, deserting all his earlier wives.
Umendra Prasad Mahra tied the knot recently on February seven.
His sixth wife Devki Bhai Mahra had complained about him before Vandana Mandavi, a member of the Madhya Pradesh Women`s Commission.
Devki told Vandana that Umendra had married her on September 7, 2009 but left her about a year back.
She said that later on she came to know that Umendra had wedded five times before marrying her.
According to Devki, this man stays with the wife till she gets pregnant and then would force her to go for an abortion and when she refused he would leave her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way