Ajay slams MP govt for poor power supply
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh today termed as "total flop" the Madhya Pradesh government`s Atal Jyoti Abhiyan meant for uninterrupted power supply.
"The state government can make any number of claims about the Abhiyan, but the reality is that it has flopped," the Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly said.
The campaign was recently launched in more than 30 out of a total of 50 districts. He alleged that in many districts where the campaign was launched, power was being cut-off more than in the past.
The government`s eagerness to launch the campaign can be understood as this happens to be an election year, Ajay said.
Residents at a village in Neemuch district put a garland of shoes around the neck of an electricity official yesterday as there was no power for last five days, he said.
"Neemuch is also one of the districts where the `abhiyan` was launched. The incident shows how it is working," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday