Chargesheet in minor girl rape and murder case soon
Bhopal: Local police are likely to file a chargesheet within ten days against a 50-year-old man booked for the rape and murder of a minor girl last week, a senior officer said on Monday.
ADG Vijay Yadav told reporters that police have made a watertight case against the accused Nandkishore and wanted a "harshest" punishment to the accused Nandkishore who allegedly raped and killed an eight-year-old girl from his neighbourhood and are hopeful of speedy trial.
"Bhopal police want the harshest punishment for the accused. A lot of circumstantial evidence has been gathered in the case, which is sufficient to secure conviction of the accused", Yadav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India