Chargesheet in minor girl rape and murder case soon
Bhopal: Local police are likely to file a chargesheet within ten days against a 50-year-old man booked for the rape and murder of a minor girl last week, a senior officer said on Monday.
ADG Vijay Yadav told reporters that police have made a watertight case against the accused Nandkishore and wanted a "harshest" punishment to the accused Nandkishore who allegedly raped and killed an eight-year-old girl from his neighbourhood and are hopeful of speedy trial.
"Bhopal police want the harshest punishment for the accused. A lot of circumstantial evidence has been gathered in the case, which is sufficient to secure conviction of the accused", Yadav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler