Chargesheet in minor girl rape and murder case soon
Bhopal: Local police are likely to file a chargesheet within ten days against a 50-year-old man booked for the rape and murder of a minor girl last week, a senior officer said on Monday.
ADG Vijay Yadav told reporters that police have made a watertight case against the accused Nandkishore and wanted a "harshest" punishment to the accused Nandkishore who allegedly raped and killed an eight-year-old girl from his neighbourhood and are hopeful of speedy trial.
"Bhopal police want the harshest punishment for the accused. A lot of circumstantial evidence has been gathered in the case, which is sufficient to secure conviction of the accused", Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu speaks about husband Karan Singh Grover’s previous marriages - Click here to read
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell's injury badly hurt Kolkata Knight Riders' chances of winning third title
- Revealed! Samsung to launch Galaxy C5, Galaxy C7 today; pics leaked ahead of launch
- Gujarat Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Market extends gains: Sensex zooms over 500 points; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark