Chargesheet in minor girl rape and murder case soon
Bhopal: Local police are likely to file a chargesheet within ten days against a 50-year-old man booked for the rape and murder of a minor girl last week, a senior officer said on Monday.
ADG Vijay Yadav told reporters that police have made a watertight case against the accused Nandkishore and wanted a "harshest" punishment to the accused Nandkishore who allegedly raped and killed an eight-year-old girl from his neighbourhood and are hopeful of speedy trial.
"Bhopal police want the harshest punishment for the accused. A lot of circumstantial evidence has been gathered in the case, which is sufficient to secure conviction of the accused", Yadav said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS