Chargesheet in minor girl rape and murder case soon
Bhopal: Local police are likely to file a chargesheet within ten days against a 50-year-old man booked for the rape and murder of a minor girl last week, a senior officer said on Monday.
ADG Vijay Yadav told reporters that police have made a watertight case against the accused Nandkishore and wanted a "harshest" punishment to the accused Nandkishore who allegedly raped and killed an eight-year-old girl from his neighbourhood and are hopeful of speedy trial.
"Bhopal police want the harshest punishment for the accused. A lot of circumstantial evidence has been gathered in the case, which is sufficient to secure conviction of the accused", Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends