Chouhan tried to protect Raghavji, says Digvijay
New Delhi: Hours after former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji was arrested in connection with a sex scandal, Congress leader Digvijay Singh Tuesday accused Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan of shielding his colleague.
"The charges against him (Raghavji) are condemnable. The chief minister tried to save him but could not," Singh told reporters.
Raghavji, who was in then hiding and on the run for the past few days, was arrested Tuesday. He was asked to resign by Chouhan after serious allegations of sexual exploitation were levelled against him by two of his servants, who also lodged police complaint against him last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections