Chouhan tried to protect Raghavji, says Digvijay
New Delhi: Hours after former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji was arrested in connection with a sex scandal, Congress leader Digvijay Singh Tuesday accused Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan of shielding his colleague.
"The charges against him (Raghavji) are condemnable. The chief minister tried to save him but could not," Singh told reporters.
Raghavji, who was in then hiding and on the run for the past few days, was arrested Tuesday. He was asked to resign by Chouhan after serious allegations of sexual exploitation were levelled against him by two of his servants, who also lodged police complaint against him last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!