Cong workers stage protest against scandal-hit BJP leader
Bhopal: Congress workers on Saturday staged demonstrations at various places against former state minister Raghavji for his alleged involvement in sodomy scandal, and demanded registration of criminal case against him.
Demonstrations were held at the district headquarters across the state, with burning of Raghavji`s effigies, said state Congress spokesperson Pankaj Chaturvedi.
Another Congress spokesperson, Narendra Saluja, said in Indore that the scandal had exposed the "actual face and character" of the ruling BJP.
Raghavji, finance minister in BJP government, had to resign after his servant levelled accusations of sexual exploitation against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested