Digvijay Singh urges MP CM to provide security to RTI activist
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has asked the Madhya Pradesh government to provide security to Right to Information (RTI) activist Devendra Prakash Mishra.
Singh made this request to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in a letter on Thursday.
He said that Mishra had expressed concern over the safety of his life, especially after woman RTI activist Shehla Masood was shot dead in broad daylight on August 16 last year in front of her house in the state capital.
Mishra has filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in Madhya Pradesh High Court challenging the allotment of 15 acres prime land to Gammon India. He has claimed the land was given at throwaway prices for building a shopping mall, a residential and commercial complex in the city`s South T T Nagar area by the Chouhan-led BJP government under the re-densification scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Corruption scandal throws Brazil`s interim government into disarray
- IMF calls for 'unconditional' debt relief for Greece
- Deepika Padukone is doing THIS in 'Raabta'!
- Respect Pakistan's ''sovereignty'' but won't stop removing terrorists: US
- India to get its indigenously-built 'supercomputer' next year!