Digvijay Singh urges MP CM to provide security to RTI activist
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has asked the Madhya Pradesh government to provide security to Right to Information (RTI) activist Devendra Prakash Mishra.
Singh made this request to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in a letter on Thursday.
He said that Mishra had expressed concern over the safety of his life, especially after woman RTI activist Shehla Masood was shot dead in broad daylight on August 16 last year in front of her house in the state capital.
Mishra has filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in Madhya Pradesh High Court challenging the allotment of 15 acres prime land to Gammon India. He has claimed the land was given at throwaway prices for building a shopping mall, a residential and commercial complex in the city`s South T T Nagar area by the Chouhan-led BJP government under the re-densification scheme.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference