Digvijay Singh urges MP CM to provide security to RTI activist
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has asked the Madhya Pradesh government to provide security to Right to Information (RTI) activist Devendra Prakash Mishra.
Singh made this request to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in a letter on Thursday.
He said that Mishra had expressed concern over the safety of his life, especially after woman RTI activist Shehla Masood was shot dead in broad daylight on August 16 last year in front of her house in the state capital.
Mishra has filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in Madhya Pradesh High Court challenging the allotment of 15 acres prime land to Gammon India. He has claimed the land was given at throwaway prices for building a shopping mall, a residential and commercial complex in the city`s South T T Nagar area by the Chouhan-led BJP government under the re-densification scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation