Dist Cong chief held in illicit liquor case in MP
Jhabua (MP): Rajasthan Police on Tuesday arrested Dhar district Congress president and alleged liquor mafia Balmukund Gautam following an arrest warrant issued by Bhilwara court in connection with seizure of a tanker carrying pouches of illicit liquor in 2003.
The Bhilwara police had seized the tanker carrying 51,000 pouches of illicit liquor on August 3, 2003, under Subhash Nagar police station area there, following which, a case under Rajasthan Excise Act was registered against Major Singh, Inder Singh, Satyanarayan, Babloo, Yusuf and Balmukund Gautam, Jhabua district`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Krishnaveni Desavatu told reporters.
Rajasthan police later arrested Major Singh, Inder Singh, Satyanarayan and Babloo in this regard and produced them in court, while Yusuf and Balmukund were evading arrest.
However, the court later issued a permanent arrest warrant against Balmukund, following which, he was arrested today from a hotel in Lebad town in Dhar district by Rajasthan Police with the help of Dhar and Jhabua police, the SP said.
He also informed that in view of the assembly elections in the neighbouring Gujarat, a meeting to exchange information about criminals, absconding miscreants and those involved in various crimes took place in the Police control room of neighbouring Dahod (Gujarat) district recently.
A similar meeting was also held by police at Jhabua, the SP said.
In both the meetings, police officials of Dahod, Banswada and Jhabua districts exchanged necessary informations, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed