FIR against ex-MP minister in contract teachers` appt scam
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) has registered two FIRs against former State Technical Education Minister Laxmikant Sharma and 129 others in connection with alleged irregularities in the examination for the recruitment of Grade II and III Contractual Teachers conducted by MP Professional Examination Board (MPPEB).
Both the FIRs named Sharma as accused and 129 others including an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Dhanraj Yadav in the case. After investigations, they may be summoned for questioning, STF sources said today.
The STF has submitted the copy of FIRs in the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Pankaj Singh Maheshwari`s court in the state capital.
The FIRs were registered earlier this month against a total of 130 persons including the former Minister, concerned officers and candidates who have appeared in the examination allegedly in connivance with MPPEB officials.
The matter came to light when the STF was analysing data from the hard disk seized from the computer of MPPEB`s Principal System Analyst, Nitin Mahindra, who was earlier arrested by STF in connection with the Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam alongwith Examination Controller Pankaj Trivedi.
The hard disk, seized by the STF was later sent to Gujarat based Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) where the data related to various exams including contractual teachers appointment was recovered, the sources said.
The data has roll numbers of candidates who cleared the examination in connivance with those named in the FIR.
STF sleuths also recorded statements of Trivedi and Mahindra in this regard and after they mentioned the name of Sharma and others, FIR was registered against them.
In the just concluded Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls, Sharma lost the elections from Sironj constituency in Vidisha district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption