Five-year-old MP rape accused flee to Nepal
MP/Bihar: A joint team of MP and Bihar police have failed to arrest the accused involved in allegedly raping a 5-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh and it is suspected that he might have fled to Nepal taking advantage of the porous border, police said on Tuesday.
The minor, who was allegedly raped on April 17, is at present battling for life in a hospital in Nagpur.
After search for the accused, Firoz Khan (35) in Banka, failed to yield result, the joint police team visited neighbouring Supual district on Indo-Nepal border tracking mobile phone signals, SP Pushkar Anand told PTI.
However, the accused is suspected to have slipped through the porous border and his mobile is also switched off, he said.
After allegedly raping the girl, Khan had fled to his native place in Banka district in Bihar.
After trying to locate him for three days, the Madhya Pradesh sought help of Bihar police and consequently a joint team of the two states went looking for him since Sunday last.
Khan was working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know