Five-year-old MP rape accused flee to Nepal
MP/Bihar: A joint team of MP and Bihar police have failed to arrest the accused involved in allegedly raping a 5-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh and it is suspected that he might have fled to Nepal taking advantage of the porous border, police said on Tuesday.
The minor, who was allegedly raped on April 17, is at present battling for life in a hospital in Nagpur.
After search for the accused, Firoz Khan (35) in Banka, failed to yield result, the joint police team visited neighbouring Supual district on Indo-Nepal border tracking mobile phone signals, SP Pushkar Anand told PTI.
However, the accused is suspected to have slipped through the porous border and his mobile is also switched off, he said.
After allegedly raping the girl, Khan had fled to his native place in Banka district in Bihar.
After trying to locate him for three days, the Madhya Pradesh sought help of Bihar police and consequently a joint team of the two states went looking for him since Sunday last.
Khan was working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’