Five-year-old MP rape accused flee to Nepal
MP/Bihar: A joint team of MP and Bihar police have failed to arrest the accused involved in allegedly raping a 5-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh and it is suspected that he might have fled to Nepal taking advantage of the porous border, police said on Tuesday.
The minor, who was allegedly raped on April 17, is at present battling for life in a hospital in Nagpur.
After search for the accused, Firoz Khan (35) in Banka, failed to yield result, the joint police team visited neighbouring Supual district on Indo-Nepal border tracking mobile phone signals, SP Pushkar Anand told PTI.
However, the accused is suspected to have slipped through the porous border and his mobile is also switched off, he said.
After allegedly raping the girl, Khan had fled to his native place in Banka district in Bihar.
After trying to locate him for three days, the Madhya Pradesh sought help of Bihar police and consequently a joint team of the two states went looking for him since Sunday last.
Khan was working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100