Five-year-old MP rape accused flee to Nepal
MP/Bihar: A joint team of MP and Bihar police have failed to arrest the accused involved in allegedly raping a 5-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh and it is suspected that he might have fled to Nepal taking advantage of the porous border, police said on Tuesday.
The minor, who was allegedly raped on April 17, is at present battling for life in a hospital in Nagpur.
After search for the accused, Firoz Khan (35) in Banka, failed to yield result, the joint police team visited neighbouring Supual district on Indo-Nepal border tracking mobile phone signals, SP Pushkar Anand told PTI.
However, the accused is suspected to have slipped through the porous border and his mobile is also switched off, he said.
After allegedly raping the girl, Khan had fled to his native place in Banka district in Bihar.
After trying to locate him for three days, the Madhya Pradesh sought help of Bihar police and consequently a joint team of the two states went looking for him since Sunday last.
Khan was working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi