Five-year-old MP rape accused flee to Nepal
MP/Bihar: A joint team of MP and Bihar police have failed to arrest the accused involved in allegedly raping a 5-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh and it is suspected that he might have fled to Nepal taking advantage of the porous border, police said on Tuesday.
The minor, who was allegedly raped on April 17, is at present battling for life in a hospital in Nagpur.
After search for the accused, Firoz Khan (35) in Banka, failed to yield result, the joint police team visited neighbouring Supual district on Indo-Nepal border tracking mobile phone signals, SP Pushkar Anand told PTI.
However, the accused is suspected to have slipped through the porous border and his mobile is also switched off, he said.
After allegedly raping the girl, Khan had fled to his native place in Banka district in Bihar.
After trying to locate him for three days, the Madhya Pradesh sought help of Bihar police and consequently a joint team of the two states went looking for him since Sunday last.
Khan was working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment