Gaiety marks Eid-un-Nabi
Bhopal: Eid Milad-Un-Nabi, marking the birthday of Prophet Mohammad, was celebrated here with the traditional fervour.
In Bhopal, a grand procession, organised by the Muslim Teohar Committees, moved through different areas, starting from Mangalwara area, following the mass recital of the Quran in many mohallas.
A large number of people participated in the procession marked by various performances including singing of Qawali and a camel and horse show.
The procession progressed through areas, namely Chhawni, Bharat Talkies, Central Library, Itwara, Islampura, Band Master Chowk, Budhwara, Ibrahimpura and Jama Masjid before culminating at Imami Gate in the city after a prayer by community members.
The district administration had made tight security arrangements throughout the route to avoid any untoward incident and the procession passed off peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired
- Six people found dead in Jharkhand; Maoist's role suspected
- Mexico police, troops `routinely` rape arrested women: Amnesty
- `India wants normalisation with Pakistan on its terms`