Gaiety marks Eid-un-Nabi
Bhopal: Eid Milad-Un-Nabi, marking the birthday of Prophet Mohammad, was celebrated here with the traditional fervour.
In Bhopal, a grand procession, organised by the Muslim Teohar Committees, moved through different areas, starting from Mangalwara area, following the mass recital of the Quran in many mohallas.
A large number of people participated in the procession marked by various performances including singing of Qawali and a camel and horse show.
The procession progressed through areas, namely Chhawni, Bharat Talkies, Central Library, Itwara, Islampura, Band Master Chowk, Budhwara, Ibrahimpura and Jama Masjid before culminating at Imami Gate in the city after a prayer by community members.
The district administration had made tight security arrangements throughout the route to avoid any untoward incident and the procession passed off peacefully.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India