Gaiety marks Eid-un-Nabi
Bhopal: Eid Milad-Un-Nabi, marking the birthday of Prophet Mohammad, was celebrated here with the traditional fervour.
In Bhopal, a grand procession, organised by the Muslim Teohar Committees, moved through different areas, starting from Mangalwara area, following the mass recital of the Quran in many mohallas.
A large number of people participated in the procession marked by various performances including singing of Qawali and a camel and horse show.
The procession progressed through areas, namely Chhawni, Bharat Talkies, Central Library, Itwara, Islampura, Band Master Chowk, Budhwara, Ibrahimpura and Jama Masjid before culminating at Imami Gate in the city after a prayer by community members.
The district administration had made tight security arrangements throughout the route to avoid any untoward incident and the procession passed off peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid