Gang involved in medical college seat scam busted in MP
Itanagar: Police on Saturday claimed to have busted an inter-state gang involved in conning people into paying large sums of money for seats in medical colleges in Madhya Pardesh with the arrest of two persons from Kolkata.
Capital Superintendent of Police Seju P Kuruvilla today said the fraudsters had demanded a large amount of money from a person called Sanjay Dolor, promising him a seat for his brother in a medical college in Madhya Pradesh.
As per the complaint filed by Dolor, a person identifying himself as assistant professor of R D Gardi Medical College, Ujjain (MP), had contacted him over phone and offered to get his brother admitted to the institute through its chairperson in return for money.
The caller had even issued a forged letter of admission which said the last date of admission was October 23.
The victim`s younger brother and candidate for the seat, himself went to the Ujjain medical college on the supposed admission day and found out that it was a fraud.
Following the complaint, one Srivastava(30), a native of Faffadih Chowk in Raipur (Chattishgarh) was nabbed on November 12 from Kolkata`s Salt Lake area. Another person S Shekhar, a resident of Gandhi Nagar in Nagpur was arrested on November 19 from Park Street area in connection with it, Kuruvilla said.
Police also recovered a demand draft of Rs 2.5 lakh given by the complainant from one of the two arrested men and two mobile handsets used by them, the SP added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference