Gang involved in medical college seat scam busted in MP
Itanagar: Police on Saturday claimed to have busted an inter-state gang involved in conning people into paying large sums of money for seats in medical colleges in Madhya Pardesh with the arrest of two persons from Kolkata.
Capital Superintendent of Police Seju P Kuruvilla today said the fraudsters had demanded a large amount of money from a person called Sanjay Dolor, promising him a seat for his brother in a medical college in Madhya Pradesh.
As per the complaint filed by Dolor, a person identifying himself as assistant professor of R D Gardi Medical College, Ujjain (MP), had contacted him over phone and offered to get his brother admitted to the institute through its chairperson in return for money.
The caller had even issued a forged letter of admission which said the last date of admission was October 23.
The victim`s younger brother and candidate for the seat, himself went to the Ujjain medical college on the supposed admission day and found out that it was a fraud.
Following the complaint, one Srivastava(30), a native of Faffadih Chowk in Raipur (Chattishgarh) was nabbed on November 12 from Kolkata`s Salt Lake area. Another person S Shekhar, a resident of Gandhi Nagar in Nagpur was arrested on November 19 from Park Street area in connection with it, Kuruvilla said.
Police also recovered a demand draft of Rs 2.5 lakh given by the complainant from one of the two arrested men and two mobile handsets used by them, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre