Indore RSS office attack: Seven NSUI workers held
Indore: NSUI youths on Wednesday allegedly damaged the RSS office here following which seven members of the students` wing of Congress were arrested, police said here.
A large number of National Students Union of India (NSUI) members hurled stoned at the RSS office in Rambagh area here in the wee hours today, in retaliation to Sangh workers` attack on houses of Congressmen over the latter`s protest against RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat here yesterday.
"Seven NSUI youths were arrested and two vehicles seized in this connection," SP-West Anil Singh Kushwaha said.
The attack allegedly caused damage to the glass panes, garden pots and property at Rambagh office of the Sangh.
At around 1.15 AM early today, a group of NSUI youths came in various vehicles and entered the RSS office `Archana` at Rambagh area and allegedly threw stones there. They damaged garden pots and other property besides smashing the window glass panes, Kushwaha said.
When contacted, an RSS office bearer claimed that one person sustained injuries in the attack.
Congressmen yesterday burnt an effigy of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat over his remarks about women, an act which drew strong reaction from the RSS, whose workers allegedly damaged houses of two leaders of the party, police had said.
The party had yesterday organised protests to condemn the statements made by Bhagwat and Madhya Pradesh Minister Kailash Vijayvarghiya about women in the wake of Delhi gang-rape incident.
During the protest, the partymen burnt effigies of Bhagwat and Vijayvarghiya.
Mohan Bhagwat, who had stoked a controversy a few days ago saying that rapes do not take place in rural but urban India, had also said that a woman is bound by contract to husband to look after him.
Vijayvargiya had said that women must not cross the "Lakshman rekha" to avoid unwanted consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar