Indore RSS office attack: Seven NSUI workers held
Indore: NSUI youths on Wednesday allegedly damaged the RSS office here following which seven members of the students` wing of Congress were arrested, police said here.
A large number of National Students Union of India (NSUI) members hurled stoned at the RSS office in Rambagh area here in the wee hours today, in retaliation to Sangh workers` attack on houses of Congressmen over the latter`s protest against RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat here yesterday.
"Seven NSUI youths were arrested and two vehicles seized in this connection," SP-West Anil Singh Kushwaha said.
The attack allegedly caused damage to the glass panes, garden pots and property at Rambagh office of the Sangh.
At around 1.15 AM early today, a group of NSUI youths came in various vehicles and entered the RSS office `Archana` at Rambagh area and allegedly threw stones there. They damaged garden pots and other property besides smashing the window glass panes, Kushwaha said.
When contacted, an RSS office bearer claimed that one person sustained injuries in the attack.
Congressmen yesterday burnt an effigy of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat over his remarks about women, an act which drew strong reaction from the RSS, whose workers allegedly damaged houses of two leaders of the party, police had said.
The party had yesterday organised protests to condemn the statements made by Bhagwat and Madhya Pradesh Minister Kailash Vijayvarghiya about women in the wake of Delhi gang-rape incident.
During the protest, the partymen burnt effigies of Bhagwat and Vijayvarghiya.
Mohan Bhagwat, who had stoked a controversy a few days ago saying that rapes do not take place in rural but urban India, had also said that a woman is bound by contract to husband to look after him.
Vijayvargiya had said that women must not cross the "Lakshman rekha" to avoid unwanted consequences.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory