Madhya Pradesh: 5-year-old girl tortured to death
Indore: A five-year-old adopted girl was beaten to death after being sexually assaulted allegedly by her foster parents here, police said on Friday.
The foster parents have been arrested from their residence in Rajiv Awas Vihar here following postmortem report which confirmed the couple`s alleged involvement in the girl`s death, superintendent of police OP Tripathi told a news agency.
"There are indications of sexual assault and the girl being beaten to death," Tripathi said.
"It was yet to be confirmed by the medical experts the kind of sexual assault or torture the girl was inflicted to by the couple," he said.
A case under sections 302 (murder), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 376, 377 and 120B of IPC was registered against the couple, SP said.
The accused would be produced before a court later in the day, he said.
The accused, Rajesh Sengar and Bebi Sengar, had adopted the girl child from their relative in Uttar Pradesh four months ago.
On the night of September 26, Rajesh was spotted by the neighbours while he was taking her body wrapped in a plastic mat to dispose it, he said.
The neighbours called the police who took the body and sent it to MY Hospital for postmortem.
During interrogation, Rajesh told the police that the girl had complained of chocked throat, for which he was taking her to a private hospital, the SP said.
Postmortem report confirmed that the girl died of head injury, beaten by a belt kind of thing, and suffocation in air pipe (throat), he said.
Meanwhile, enraged over the incident, residents of Rajiv Awas Vihar ransacked the couple`s house this morning. They staged a road blockade and demanded strict punishment for the girl`s foster parents.
Police force was sent to the area to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla