Madhya Pradesh hikes DA of state government employees
Bhopal: The BJP government of poll-bound Madhya Pradesh on Thursday announced a hike of 10 per cent in dearness allowance (DA).
The decision comes as a bonanza for a large number of employees and pensioners ahead of the festive season.
"The decision to hike 10 per cent DA of state government employees and pensioners was taken by the cabinet at its meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan," Public Relations and Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma said.
With this 10 per cent hike, the total DA component will be 90 per cent of the basic salary, he said, adding that it would be paid with effect from July 1, 2013.
The DA of Madhya Pradesh government employees will now be almost at par with their Central government counterparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!