Madhya Pradesh hikes DA of state government employees
Bhopal: The BJP government of poll-bound Madhya Pradesh on Thursday announced a hike of 10 per cent in dearness allowance (DA).
The decision comes as a bonanza for a large number of employees and pensioners ahead of the festive season.
"The decision to hike 10 per cent DA of state government employees and pensioners was taken by the cabinet at its meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan," Public Relations and Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma said.
With this 10 per cent hike, the total DA component will be 90 per cent of the basic salary, he said, adding that it would be paid with effect from July 1, 2013.
The DA of Madhya Pradesh government employees will now be almost at par with their Central government counterparts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!