Madhya Pradesh hikes DA of state government employees
Bhopal: The BJP government of poll-bound Madhya Pradesh on Thursday announced a hike of 10 per cent in dearness allowance (DA).
The decision comes as a bonanza for a large number of employees and pensioners ahead of the festive season.
"The decision to hike 10 per cent DA of state government employees and pensioners was taken by the cabinet at its meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan," Public Relations and Culture Minister Laxmikant Sharma said.
With this 10 per cent hike, the total DA component will be 90 per cent of the basic salary, he said, adding that it would be paid with effect from July 1, 2013.
The DA of Madhya Pradesh government employees will now be almost at par with their Central government counterparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends