Minor girl `raped`, blackmailed over video clip in MP, three booked
Indore: Three youths have been booked for making an obscene video clip of a minor Dalit girl and blackmailing her, police said on Tuesday.
One of them has been booked on rape charge also.
Lasudia Police Station in-charge Narendra Gaharwar said Suraj (20), Deepesh (21) and Ritesh (22) were booked on a complaint filed by the 17-year-old victim yesterday.
They have been charged with abduction and under relevant sections of the IT Act. Deepesh, in addition, faces sexual assault charge, he said.
In her complaint, the girl said she was was on her way to a coaching class on January 30 when the trio (who apparently knew her) convinced her to join the birthday party of their friend.
They took the girl to a house, where Deepesh allegedly raped her, while Suraj and Ritesh made an objectionable video clip of her, it said.
Ritesh then demanded Rs 50,000 from the girl`s family and threatened to upload the clip on Internet if the money was not paid.
Fed up with his threats and constant harassment, the girl and her family lodged a police complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'