Minor girl `raped`, blackmailed over video clip in MP, three booked
Indore: Three youths have been booked for making an obscene video clip of a minor Dalit girl and blackmailing her, police said on Tuesday.
One of them has been booked on rape charge also.
Lasudia Police Station in-charge Narendra Gaharwar said Suraj (20), Deepesh (21) and Ritesh (22) were booked on a complaint filed by the 17-year-old victim yesterday.
They have been charged with abduction and under relevant sections of the IT Act. Deepesh, in addition, faces sexual assault charge, he said.
In her complaint, the girl said she was was on her way to a coaching class on January 30 when the trio (who apparently knew her) convinced her to join the birthday party of their friend.
They took the girl to a house, where Deepesh allegedly raped her, while Suraj and Ritesh made an objectionable video clip of her, it said.
Ritesh then demanded Rs 50,000 from the girl`s family and threatened to upload the clip on Internet if the money was not paid.
Fed up with his threats and constant harassment, the girl and her family lodged a police complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon