Minor tribal girl commits suicide after being raped in MP
Tikamgarh: A teenage tribal girl allegedly committed suicide after she was raped by a minor boy in Chandoli village about 25 km from here, police said on Tuesday.
The girl set herself ablaze last evening after the incident of rape, police said.
According to police, the accused minor boy forcibly took the girl to a secluded place nearby and sexually assaulted her. However, when the girl raised an alarm, the nearby residents came to her rescue.
Following this, a heated argument broke out between the victim`s brother and the accused boy, during which the girl went to her house and set herself on fire, police said.
The minor accused has been arrested after a case of rape was registered against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon