Minor tribal girl commits suicide after being raped in MP
Tikamgarh: A teenage tribal girl allegedly committed suicide after she was raped by a minor boy in Chandoli village about 25 km from here, police said on Tuesday.
The girl set herself ablaze last evening after the incident of rape, police said.
According to police, the accused minor boy forcibly took the girl to a secluded place nearby and sexually assaulted her. However, when the girl raised an alarm, the nearby residents came to her rescue.
Following this, a heated argument broke out between the victim`s brother and the accused boy, during which the girl went to her house and set herself on fire, police said.
The minor accused has been arrested after a case of rape was registered against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever