Minor tribal girl commits suicide after being raped in MP
Tikamgarh: A teenage tribal girl allegedly committed suicide after she was raped by a minor boy in Chandoli village about 25 km from here, police said on Tuesday.
The girl set herself ablaze last evening after the incident of rape, police said.
According to police, the accused minor boy forcibly took the girl to a secluded place nearby and sexually assaulted her. However, when the girl raised an alarm, the nearby residents came to her rescue.
Following this, a heated argument broke out between the victim`s brother and the accused boy, during which the girl went to her house and set herself on fire, police said.
The minor accused has been arrested after a case of rape was registered against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars