MP: Five killed, six injured as truck overturns
Khargone (MP): Five labourers were killed and six others injured when their truck overturned at Jhumrighat near here Tuesday, police said.
The truck, fitted with a borewell machine, overturned while negotiating a turn at Jhumrighat near Hailapadawa police post area, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Takaruram (30), Tosoram (20), Sopsingh (22), Sanjay (20) and Guddu (22), Additional Superintendent of Police SS Chouhan said, adding that they belonged to Signar village of Kondagaon district in Chhattisgarh.
The injured were taken to Indore for treatment, he added.
The district administration has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5,000 each to the kin of the deceased and Rs 2,000 each to the injured, officials said.
According to police, the bodies were being sent to Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why