MP: Five killed, six injured as truck overturns
Khargone (MP): Five labourers were killed and six others injured when their truck overturned at Jhumrighat near here Tuesday, police said.
The truck, fitted with a borewell machine, overturned while negotiating a turn at Jhumrighat near Hailapadawa police post area, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Takaruram (30), Tosoram (20), Sopsingh (22), Sanjay (20) and Guddu (22), Additional Superintendent of Police SS Chouhan said, adding that they belonged to Signar village of Kondagaon district in Chhattisgarh.
The injured were taken to Indore for treatment, he added.
The district administration has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5,000 each to the kin of the deceased and Rs 2,000 each to the injured, officials said.
According to police, the bodies were being sent to Chhattisgarh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive