MP: Five killed, six injured as truck overturns
Khargone (MP): Five labourers were killed and six others injured when their truck overturned at Jhumrighat near here Tuesday, police said.
The truck, fitted with a borewell machine, overturned while negotiating a turn at Jhumrighat near Hailapadawa police post area, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Takaruram (30), Tosoram (20), Sopsingh (22), Sanjay (20) and Guddu (22), Additional Superintendent of Police SS Chouhan said, adding that they belonged to Signar village of Kondagaon district in Chhattisgarh.
The injured were taken to Indore for treatment, he added.
The district administration has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5,000 each to the kin of the deceased and Rs 2,000 each to the injured, officials said.
According to police, the bodies were being sent to Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon