MP: Five killed, six injured as truck overturns
Khargone (MP): Five labourers were killed and six others injured when their truck overturned at Jhumrighat near here Tuesday, police said.
The truck, fitted with a borewell machine, overturned while negotiating a turn at Jhumrighat near Hailapadawa police post area, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Takaruram (30), Tosoram (20), Sopsingh (22), Sanjay (20) and Guddu (22), Additional Superintendent of Police SS Chouhan said, adding that they belonged to Signar village of Kondagaon district in Chhattisgarh.
The injured were taken to Indore for treatment, he added.
The district administration has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5,000 each to the kin of the deceased and Rs 2,000 each to the injured, officials said.
According to police, the bodies were being sent to Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers