MP: Five killed, six injured as truck overturns
Khargone (MP): Five labourers were killed and six others injured when their truck overturned at Jhumrighat near here Tuesday, police said.
The truck, fitted with a borewell machine, overturned while negotiating a turn at Jhumrighat near Hailapadawa police post area, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Takaruram (30), Tosoram (20), Sopsingh (22), Sanjay (20) and Guddu (22), Additional Superintendent of Police SS Chouhan said, adding that they belonged to Signar village of Kondagaon district in Chhattisgarh.
The injured were taken to Indore for treatment, he added.
The district administration has announced ex-gratia of Rs 5,000 each to the kin of the deceased and Rs 2,000 each to the injured, officials said.
According to police, the bodies were being sent to Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing