MP govt to include Gita in school syllabus
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that Bhagwad Gita would be
included in school curriculum.
"Teaching Gita is no crime and the government would
include the teaching of Gita in educational curriculum,"
Chouhan said while addressing a function organised by the
RSS-backed Saraswati Vidya Pratishthan here on Sunday.
Claiming English has been overemphasised compared to
other subjects in school curriculum, the chief minister said
his government`s priority was to "correct" the curriculum
and promote Hindi.
He also said most of the government work is done in Hindi
and the state would not hesitate to encourage any good work
done for promoting Hindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH