MP govt to include Gita in school syllabus
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that Bhagwad Gita would be
included in school curriculum.
"Teaching Gita is no crime and the government would
include the teaching of Gita in educational curriculum,"
Chouhan said while addressing a function organised by the
RSS-backed Saraswati Vidya Pratishthan here on Sunday.
Claiming English has been overemphasised compared to
other subjects in school curriculum, the chief minister said
his government`s priority was to "correct" the curriculum
and promote Hindi.
He also said most of the government work is done in Hindi
and the state would not hesitate to encourage any good work
done for promoting Hindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report