MP govt to include Gita in school syllabus
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that Bhagwad Gita would be
included in school curriculum.
"Teaching Gita is no crime and the government would
include the teaching of Gita in educational curriculum,"
Chouhan said while addressing a function organised by the
RSS-backed Saraswati Vidya Pratishthan here on Sunday.
Claiming English has been overemphasised compared to
other subjects in school curriculum, the chief minister said
his government`s priority was to "correct" the curriculum
and promote Hindi.
He also said most of the government work is done in Hindi
and the state would not hesitate to encourage any good work
done for promoting Hindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan