MP govt to include Gita in school syllabus
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that Bhagwad Gita would be
included in school curriculum.
"Teaching Gita is no crime and the government would
include the teaching of Gita in educational curriculum,"
Chouhan said while addressing a function organised by the
RSS-backed Saraswati Vidya Pratishthan here on Sunday.
Claiming English has been overemphasised compared to
other subjects in school curriculum, the chief minister said
his government`s priority was to "correct" the curriculum
and promote Hindi.
He also said most of the government work is done in Hindi
and the state would not hesitate to encourage any good work
done for promoting Hindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained
- Rains support RBI rate cut, may douse agflation : BoA-ML
- Meet Graham, the only human designed to survive car crash! Watch the video