MP govt will provide better security to foreigners, assures CM
Bhopal: Against the backdrop of gang-rape of a Swiss woman in Datia, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Tuesday that his government would take all possible care of foreigners visiting the state.
"The state government would take care of foreign visitors and keep track of their journey in the state," official sources said quoting Chouhan.
An effective system would be put in place for their better security and safety, he said.
Terming the gang-rape of a Swiss woman as "unfortunate, saddening and painful", Chouhan said all-out efforts would be made to curb crime against women in the state.
"In the last three months, six rapists had been awarded death sentence, 22 were given life imprisonments and 19 ten years of rigorous imprisonment in rape cases to prove that his government has taken prompt action on the issue of crime against women in the state," the sources said quoting him.
"Such efforts will continue in future also," the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog