MP govt will provide better security to foreigners, assures CM
Bhopal: Against the backdrop of gang-rape of a Swiss woman in Datia, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Tuesday that his government would take all possible care of foreigners visiting the state.
"The state government would take care of foreign visitors and keep track of their journey in the state," official sources said quoting Chouhan.
An effective system would be put in place for their better security and safety, he said.
Terming the gang-rape of a Swiss woman as "unfortunate, saddening and painful", Chouhan said all-out efforts would be made to curb crime against women in the state.
"In the last three months, six rapists had been awarded death sentence, 22 were given life imprisonments and 19 ten years of rigorous imprisonment in rape cases to prove that his government has taken prompt action on the issue of crime against women in the state," the sources said quoting him.
"Such efforts will continue in future also," the Chief Minister added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India