MP govt will provide better security to foreigners, assures CM
Bhopal: Against the backdrop of gang-rape of a Swiss woman in Datia, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Tuesday that his government would take all possible care of foreigners visiting the state.
"The state government would take care of foreign visitors and keep track of their journey in the state," official sources said quoting Chouhan.
An effective system would be put in place for their better security and safety, he said.
Terming the gang-rape of a Swiss woman as "unfortunate, saddening and painful", Chouhan said all-out efforts would be made to curb crime against women in the state.
"In the last three months, six rapists had been awarded death sentence, 22 were given life imprisonments and 19 ten years of rigorous imprisonment in rape cases to prove that his government has taken prompt action on the issue of crime against women in the state," the sources said quoting him.
"Such efforts will continue in future also," the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside