MP High Court seeks details of pending rape cases
Gwalior: Taking cognisance of a large number of rape cases pending in different courts, the Gwalior Bench of Madhya Pradesh High Court has directed its subordinate district and sessions courts to furnish information about all such cases to it by May 16.
The direction to the effect was given by Gwalior Bench justice S K Gangal and justice V K Dubey yesterday while hearing a petition filed by a social worker Shivmohan Kushwaha about rape of a minor girl.
As per the directive, the subordinate courts are required to submit information as regard to all pending cases of rape, the reasons as to why they were pending, about chargesheets filed etc.
Kushwaha had filed the petition over the gang-rape of a minor girl by three youths in Gwalior last month after kidnapping her.
He stated that the police had not filed chargesheet before the court although all the accused were apprehended.
The petitioner also said that a total of 796 cases of rape were registered in the Gwalior-Chambal division spread over 5/6 districts from October 2011 to January 31 this year of which 27 were gang-rapes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred