Political parties should not speak on Bhojshala issue: BJP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar on Monday said political parties should refrain from speaking on the issue of Bhojshala as the state government and local administration were working towards a "successful solution" on it.
"Bhojshala is a very sensitive issue and related to law and order situation. This is an issue between the public and the state government," Tomar told reporters here.
"Political parties should refrain from speaking on it, in the interest of the society. Our organisation will not comment on it. I am sure the state government and district administration are trying their best to resolve the impasse, and I am hopeful that they would succeed in maintaining peace (at Bhojshala) on February 15," he said.
Last week, Maharaja Bhoj Utsav Samiti president Ashok Jain had said that they would perform prayers at the complex the whole day on Basant Panchami, on February 15.
Jain said they have already given their programme schedule to the administration in this regard.
The Samiti had also protested the barricading at the complex.
Over 25,000 devotees would participate in the day-long prayers at the site, Jain had told a press conference after police put up a temporary security cover in the area.
Coincidentally, Basant Panchami and the Friday Jumma Namaz this year are falling on the same day--February 15.
Routinely, every Tuesday Hindus offer prayers at Bhojshala while Muslims offer Namaz every Friday.
During the Basant Panchami festival, Hindus are allowed to perform puja at the monument the whole day.
The above arrangement was made following regular disputes between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument.
Meanwhile, when asked about the National Investigation Agency`s (NIA) action against suspected RSS activists in Malwa region recently, Tomar said any investigating agency, whether of the state or the Centre, if used for political mileage then it was deplorable and against the democratic values of the nation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory