Political parties should not speak on Bhojshala issue: BJP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar on Monday said political parties should refrain from speaking on the issue of Bhojshala as the state government and local administration were working towards a "successful solution" on it.
"Bhojshala is a very sensitive issue and related to law and order situation. This is an issue between the public and the state government," Tomar told reporters here.
"Political parties should refrain from speaking on it, in the interest of the society. Our organisation will not comment on it. I am sure the state government and district administration are trying their best to resolve the impasse, and I am hopeful that they would succeed in maintaining peace (at Bhojshala) on February 15," he said.
Last week, Maharaja Bhoj Utsav Samiti president Ashok Jain had said that they would perform prayers at the complex the whole day on Basant Panchami, on February 15.
Jain said they have already given their programme schedule to the administration in this regard.
The Samiti had also protested the barricading at the complex.
Over 25,000 devotees would participate in the day-long prayers at the site, Jain had told a press conference after police put up a temporary security cover in the area.
Coincidentally, Basant Panchami and the Friday Jumma Namaz this year are falling on the same day--February 15.
Routinely, every Tuesday Hindus offer prayers at Bhojshala while Muslims offer Namaz every Friday.
During the Basant Panchami festival, Hindus are allowed to perform puja at the monument the whole day.
The above arrangement was made following regular disputes between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument.
Meanwhile, when asked about the National Investigation Agency`s (NIA) action against suspected RSS activists in Malwa region recently, Tomar said any investigating agency, whether of the state or the Centre, if used for political mileage then it was deplorable and against the democratic values of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed