Sadhvi Pragya charged in RSS worker Sunil Joshi murder case
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and three others accused were charged by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday in the murder of RSS worker Sunil Joshi in a special court here.
The document by the NIA was filed in the court of Special Judge.
Pragya is under judicial custody at the moment.
Apart form her, the other accused include Rajendra Choudhary, Lokesh Sharma, Jitendra Sharma, NIA said in a press release.
“The charge sheet also cites supplementary evidence against Pragya Singh Kushwaha for her role in the crime, since she has been charged earlier in the chargesheet by Madhya Pradesh police in 2011", it said, as per PTI.
Joshi was shot dead on December 29, 2007 near Dewas, about 150km from here.
Pragya, who is ailing and undergoing treatment at a city hospital, is also an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.
According to NIA, Rajendra and Lokesh had fired at Joshi. Jitendra had arranged the murder weapon (pistol) and given it to Balbir.
Earlier reports were also doing the rounds Pragya had got Joshi eliminated due to his sexual advances towards her.
As per a newspaper report, the Sadhvi was wary of his sexual advances and was scared that the plan for Malegaon blasts would leak.
According to the NIA, Rajendra and Lokesh killed Joshi on the night of December 29, 2007 in Dewas.
The pistols and magazines were procured and hidden by Jitendra Sharma and Balbir Singh, according to the report which will be filed next week.
With Agency inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!