Sadhvi Pragya charged in RSS worker Sunil Joshi murder case
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and three others accused were charged by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday in the murder of RSS worker Sunil Joshi in a special court here.
The document by the NIA was filed in the court of Special Judge.
Pragya is under judicial custody at the moment.
Apart form her, the other accused include Rajendra Choudhary, Lokesh Sharma, Jitendra Sharma, NIA said in a press release.
“The charge sheet also cites supplementary evidence against Pragya Singh Kushwaha for her role in the crime, since she has been charged earlier in the chargesheet by Madhya Pradesh police in 2011", it said, as per PTI.
Joshi was shot dead on December 29, 2007 near Dewas, about 150km from here.
Pragya, who is ailing and undergoing treatment at a city hospital, is also an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.
According to NIA, Rajendra and Lokesh had fired at Joshi. Jitendra had arranged the murder weapon (pistol) and given it to Balbir.
Earlier reports were also doing the rounds Pragya had got Joshi eliminated due to his sexual advances towards her.
As per a newspaper report, the Sadhvi was wary of his sexual advances and was scared that the plan for Malegaon blasts would leak.
According to the NIA, Rajendra and Lokesh killed Joshi on the night of December 29, 2007 in Dewas.
The pistols and magazines were procured and hidden by Jitendra Sharma and Balbir Singh, according to the report which will be filed next week.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured