Samjhauta blast: NIA team scans forest area in MP for leads
Bagli: A NIA team from Delhi scoured the Bagli forest area in Dewas district of MP, apparently to gather clues, where the briefcase bomb, allegedly used in the 2007 Samjhauta Express bomb blast was tested by the accused.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) team, led by SP Vishal Garg, along with 50 police personnel examined the area on Wednesday and collected samples from and sent it for examination.
The NIA team had taken along two suspects of Samjhauta blast, Rajendra Choudhary and Dhan Singh, while examining the place.
During interrogation, the two suspects had revealed that the briefcase bomb used in the blast was allegedly tested in the Bagli forest of Dewas.
The NIA team had scanned the area a few times earlier also.
A huge explosion had occurred in Samjhauta Express train near Panipat in Haryana on February 18, 2007, and the subsequent fire in the coaches had resulted in the loss of 68 lives and injuries to 12 train passengers, including women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back