Samjhauta blast: NIA team scans forest area in MP for leads
Bagli: A NIA team from Delhi scoured the Bagli forest area in Dewas district of MP, apparently to gather clues, where the briefcase bomb, allegedly used in the 2007 Samjhauta Express bomb blast was tested by the accused.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) team, led by SP Vishal Garg, along with 50 police personnel examined the area on Wednesday and collected samples from and sent it for examination.
The NIA team had taken along two suspects of Samjhauta blast, Rajendra Choudhary and Dhan Singh, while examining the place.
During interrogation, the two suspects had revealed that the briefcase bomb used in the blast was allegedly tested in the Bagli forest of Dewas.
The NIA team had scanned the area a few times earlier also.
A huge explosion had occurred in Samjhauta Express train near Panipat in Haryana on February 18, 2007, and the subsequent fire in the coaches had resulted in the loss of 68 lives and injuries to 12 train passengers, including women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam