Samjhauta blast: NIA team scans forest area in MP for leads
Bagli: A NIA team from Delhi scoured the Bagli forest area in Dewas district of MP, apparently to gather clues, where the briefcase bomb, allegedly used in the 2007 Samjhauta Express bomb blast was tested by the accused.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) team, led by SP Vishal Garg, along with 50 police personnel examined the area on Wednesday and collected samples from and sent it for examination.
The NIA team had taken along two suspects of Samjhauta blast, Rajendra Choudhary and Dhan Singh, while examining the place.
During interrogation, the two suspects had revealed that the briefcase bomb used in the blast was allegedly tested in the Bagli forest of Dewas.
The NIA team had scanned the area a few times earlier also.
A huge explosion had occurred in Samjhauta Express train near Panipat in Haryana on February 18, 2007, and the subsequent fire in the coaches had resulted in the loss of 68 lives and injuries to 12 train passengers, including women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof