Samjhauta blast: NIA team scans forest area in MP for leads
Bagli: A NIA team from Delhi scoured the Bagli forest area in Dewas district of MP, apparently to gather clues, where the briefcase bomb, allegedly used in the 2007 Samjhauta Express bomb blast was tested by the accused.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) team, led by SP Vishal Garg, along with 50 police personnel examined the area on Wednesday and collected samples from and sent it for examination.
The NIA team had taken along two suspects of Samjhauta blast, Rajendra Choudhary and Dhan Singh, while examining the place.
During interrogation, the two suspects had revealed that the briefcase bomb used in the blast was allegedly tested in the Bagli forest of Dewas.
The NIA team had scanned the area a few times earlier also.
A huge explosion had occurred in Samjhauta Express train near Panipat in Haryana on February 18, 2007, and the subsequent fire in the coaches had resulted in the loss of 68 lives and injuries to 12 train passengers, including women and children.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels