Shehla murder case: CBI questions Zaheda in jail
Indore: CBI Wednesday questioned Zaheda Pervez and Saba Farooqui, the accused in RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, at the Indore District Jail here.
Following the trial court`s permission, CBI lady inspector Shehnaj Khan questioned the two for one hour, Jail Superintendent Santosh K Solanki said.
Khan was accompanied by CBI Additional SP A G L Kaul.
The report of today`s questioning and details of examination of the exhibits would be placed before the Special CBI court at the next date of trial, CBI sources said. The CBI wanted to examine the two accused afresh, though the trial is underway, to find the origin of certain evidence items (exhibits) which came to be analysed after the chargesheet was filed.
Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastava allowed it.
The next prosecution witness would be examined in the court during the ongoing trial on February 12 and 13.
Masood was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011. According to CBI, Zaheda Pervez had hired the shooters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- DECODED: How 'Brexit' threatens to undermine U.S.-Britain special relationship
- Rajiv Gandhi's assassination: Yet to take decision on premature release of Nalini, Tamil Nadu tells Madras HC
- Geeta wants to undertake a train journey to search her parents
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum