Shehla murder case: CBI questions Zaheda in jail
Indore: CBI Wednesday questioned Zaheda Pervez and Saba Farooqui, the accused in RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, at the Indore District Jail here.
Following the trial court`s permission, CBI lady inspector Shehnaj Khan questioned the two for one hour, Jail Superintendent Santosh K Solanki said.
Khan was accompanied by CBI Additional SP A G L Kaul.
The report of today`s questioning and details of examination of the exhibits would be placed before the Special CBI court at the next date of trial, CBI sources said. The CBI wanted to examine the two accused afresh, though the trial is underway, to find the origin of certain evidence items (exhibits) which came to be analysed after the chargesheet was filed.
Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastava allowed it.
The next prosecution witness would be examined in the court during the ongoing trial on February 12 and 13.
Masood was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011. According to CBI, Zaheda Pervez had hired the shooters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video