Shehla murder case: CBI questions Zaheda in jail
Indore: CBI Wednesday questioned Zaheda Pervez and Saba Farooqui, the accused in RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, at the Indore District Jail here.
Following the trial court`s permission, CBI lady inspector Shehnaj Khan questioned the two for one hour, Jail Superintendent Santosh K Solanki said.
Khan was accompanied by CBI Additional SP A G L Kaul.
The report of today`s questioning and details of examination of the exhibits would be placed before the Special CBI court at the next date of trial, CBI sources said. The CBI wanted to examine the two accused afresh, though the trial is underway, to find the origin of certain evidence items (exhibits) which came to be analysed after the chargesheet was filed.
Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastava allowed it.
The next prosecution witness would be examined in the court during the ongoing trial on February 12 and 13.
Masood was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011. According to CBI, Zaheda Pervez had hired the shooters.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched