Snag delays Delhi-bound AI flight at Indore
Indore: A Delhi-bound Air India flight with 58 passengers onboard, including senior BJP leader Sumitra Mahajan, was delayed by four hours here due to a snag, an airport official said Tuesday.
AI flight AI-635 from Mumbai was scheduled to take off for Delhi at 0745 hrs from the Ahilya Devi airport here but it could not take off and all the passengers were deplaned after a snag was detected in the plane, Airport Director R N Shinde said.
An aircraft from Hyderabad brought some parts of the plane following which it was made airworthy, Shinde said, adding, while Mahajan was adjusted in an IndiGo flight, some 32 passengers waited for four hours to board the same flight which took off at 1210 hours.
However, a few passengers opted for refund, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach