Student stabbed to death in cinema hall in Indore; one held
Indore: An 18-year-old student was stabbed to death by four persons in a cinema hall over a petty dispute, police said on Monday.
Karan Wagh, a student of class 12th, was watching the night show of the recently released film `Gunday` at Astha Talkies in Patnipura area along with his friends when he objected to a man putting his leg over his seat, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Abid Khan told reporters here.
The man, along with his three associates, pulled Karan out of the hall and stabbed him several times, police said.
Later, Karan`s friends rushed him to a private hospital from where he was referred to Government M Y Hospital, but doctors declared him dead on admission.
One of the attackers, identified as Akash Sharma, was caught by the people and handed over to police while his other three associates - Akash Thakur, Amit Rao and Suraj Rao - managed to escape from the spot.
At the time of the incident, all the four accused were in an inebriated condition, the ASP said, adding that efforts were on to nab the three other culprits.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city