Student stabbed to death in cinema hall in Indore; one held
Indore: An 18-year-old student was stabbed to death by four persons in a cinema hall over a petty dispute, police said on Monday.
Karan Wagh, a student of class 12th, was watching the night show of the recently released film `Gunday` at Astha Talkies in Patnipura area along with his friends when he objected to a man putting his leg over his seat, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Abid Khan told reporters here.
The man, along with his three associates, pulled Karan out of the hall and stabbed him several times, police said.
Later, Karan`s friends rushed him to a private hospital from where he was referred to Government M Y Hospital, but doctors declared him dead on admission.
One of the attackers, identified as Akash Sharma, was caught by the people and handed over to police while his other three associates - Akash Thakur, Amit Rao and Suraj Rao - managed to escape from the spot.
At the time of the incident, all the four accused were in an inebriated condition, the ASP said, adding that efforts were on to nab the three other culprits.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best