Student stabbed to death in cinema hall in Indore; one held
Indore: An 18-year-old student was stabbed to death by four persons in a cinema hall over a petty dispute, police said on Monday.
Karan Wagh, a student of class 12th, was watching the night show of the recently released film `Gunday` at Astha Talkies in Patnipura area along with his friends when he objected to a man putting his leg over his seat, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Abid Khan told reporters here.
The man, along with his three associates, pulled Karan out of the hall and stabbed him several times, police said.
Later, Karan`s friends rushed him to a private hospital from where he was referred to Government M Y Hospital, but doctors declared him dead on admission.
One of the attackers, identified as Akash Sharma, was caught by the people and handed over to police while his other three associates - Akash Thakur, Amit Rao and Suraj Rao - managed to escape from the spot.
At the time of the incident, all the four accused were in an inebriated condition, the ASP said, adding that efforts were on to nab the three other culprits.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?