Tank collapse: NGO demands case against mayor, civic chief of MP
Bhopal: The Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan on Tuesday demanded a case be filed against the city mayor and civic commissioner for the water tank collapse in which seven persons were killed.
The organisation, working for the cause of Union Carbide gas leak disaster, also demanded that a case should also be registered against the engineer responsible for the upkeep of the water tank.
"The incident had taken place due to the sheer negligence of the administration and hence a FIR must be filed against these three persons," Sangthan convenor Abdul Jabbar told reporters here.
He claimed that the issue of poor condition of the tank had been raised with the administration many times before, "despite that nothing was done in this regard".
"It was because of this the water tank collapsed and seven innocent lives were lost," Jabbar said.
Jabbar also criticised Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for not visiting the accident site so far.
An overhead water tank had collapsed in Saibaba Nagar slum area here in the wee hours yesterday, killing seven persons and injuring 35 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement