Tank collapse: NGO demands case against mayor, civic chief of MP
Bhopal: The Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan on Tuesday demanded a case be filed against the city mayor and civic commissioner for the water tank collapse in which seven persons were killed.
The organisation, working for the cause of Union Carbide gas leak disaster, also demanded that a case should also be registered against the engineer responsible for the upkeep of the water tank.
"The incident had taken place due to the sheer negligence of the administration and hence a FIR must be filed against these three persons," Sangthan convenor Abdul Jabbar told reporters here.
He claimed that the issue of poor condition of the tank had been raised with the administration many times before, "despite that nothing was done in this regard".
"It was because of this the water tank collapsed and seven innocent lives were lost," Jabbar said.
Jabbar also criticised Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for not visiting the accident site so far.
An overhead water tank had collapsed in Saibaba Nagar slum area here in the wee hours yesterday, killing seven persons and injuring 35 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what