Three held for dragging youth by tying him to car in MP
Jabalpur: Three persons were on Sunday arrested for allegedly dragging a physically challenged person by tying him to a car here, police said.
Also, weapons including a pistol, a country-made revolver, cartridges, a crude bomb and a sword were recovered from their possession, police said, adding, action will be taken against them under the National Security Act.
The accused were arrested for attempt to murder and charges under the Arms and Explosives Act, police said.
The accused were identified as - Devendra Baidehi, Anil Sahu and Sanjay Sen, Garha Police Station in-charge JCM Chandel told reporters.
Ratan Singh, father of physically challenged Ajay alias Ajju Thakur (23), said all the three accused were his son`s friends and last year on February 16, due to an alleged accidental firing Ajju had suffered serious injuries in one of his leg following which it was amputated.
All of them had then assured the 23-year-old to bear the expenses of his medical treatment but later they refused following which Ajju gave a statement to the police against them in the case of accidental firing and that had ended their friendship.
However, Chandel said after Ajju suffered bullet injuries in his leg he was admitted in the Government Medical College Hospital and police had registered a case against him under Arms Act and other sections.
According to police, there was a heated argument between the victim and Devendra on Friday night over the love interest of their friend Sanju. Following the argument, Devendra threatened Ajay with dire consequences.
Yesterday, Devendra came to Ajay`s house at around 6 AM with his friends, forcibly took him out and tied him to his car. Ajay sustained serious injuries after he was dragged behind their car for nearly a kilometre, police said.
Meanwhile, Ajju, who was admitted to Government Medical Hospital for treatment of injuries sustained by him, was reported to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered