Three held for dragging youth by tying him to car in MP
Jabalpur: Three persons were on Sunday arrested for allegedly dragging a physically challenged person by tying him to a car here, police said.
Also, weapons including a pistol, a country-made revolver, cartridges, a crude bomb and a sword were recovered from their possession, police said, adding, action will be taken against them under the National Security Act.
The accused were arrested for attempt to murder and charges under the Arms and Explosives Act, police said.
The accused were identified as - Devendra Baidehi, Anil Sahu and Sanjay Sen, Garha Police Station in-charge JCM Chandel told reporters.
Ratan Singh, father of physically challenged Ajay alias Ajju Thakur (23), said all the three accused were his son`s friends and last year on February 16, due to an alleged accidental firing Ajju had suffered serious injuries in one of his leg following which it was amputated.
All of them had then assured the 23-year-old to bear the expenses of his medical treatment but later they refused following which Ajju gave a statement to the police against them in the case of accidental firing and that had ended their friendship.
However, Chandel said after Ajju suffered bullet injuries in his leg he was admitted in the Government Medical College Hospital and police had registered a case against him under Arms Act and other sections.
According to police, there was a heated argument between the victim and Devendra on Friday night over the love interest of their friend Sanju. Following the argument, Devendra threatened Ajay with dire consequences.
Yesterday, Devendra came to Ajay`s house at around 6 AM with his friends, forcibly took him out and tied him to his car. Ajay sustained serious injuries after he was dragged behind their car for nearly a kilometre, police said.
Meanwhile, Ajju, who was admitted to Government Medical Hospital for treatment of injuries sustained by him, was reported to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city