Water tank collapse: MP minister, Bhopal Mayor face protests
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Urban Administration Minister Babulal Gaur and city Mayor Krishna Gaur faced the fury of protesters over delay in arrival at the spot where seven persons were killed in water tank collapse on Monday.
The minister had to beat a hasty retreat after he arrived at the site in Saibaba Nagar where the mishap took place in the wee hours today.
Bhopal Mayor Krishna Gaur also faced the angry protests and left in jiffy, area corporator Praveen Parmar told reporters.
"When the local administration informed the Minister and the Mayor about the accident why did they take so long to arrive? Everybody knows that it would have taken them only ten minutes to reach the spot from their respective residences," he said.
Seven persons were killed and 35 others injured when an overhead water tank caved in on Saibaba Nagar slum at around 1 am.
According to some of the affected persons, the minister in-charge for Bhopal district Jayant Mallaiya and local MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh also arrived at the spot quite late. "The mayor arrived in full make-up," they alleged.
Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee President Kantilal Bhuria and Opposition Leader Ajay Singh alleged that despite the local corporator bringing to notice of the civic body the leakage in the tank a number of times, the concerned engineer failed to take any corrective measure.
They demanded a judicial probe into the incident.
Meanwhile, District Collector Nikunj Shrivastava has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
Bhuria also demanded a compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'