Woman gang-raped in MP town
Sagar(MP): A woman was allegedly gang-raped by three sweepers at a district hospital where she had gone for treatment of her baby.
The incident, which occurred on Saturday, came to light when the woman along with her husband filed an FIR with Gopalganj police station.
Police on Tuesday said the three sweepers followed her when she went to the toilet and allegedly raped her after threatening to take her life.
The woman had gone to the district hospital for treatment of her baby.
City Superintendent of Police Pramod Sonkar said that all the three accused -- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin -- were arrested.
Condemning the incident, Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay Singh today said that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had talked about guaranteeing the safety and dignity of woman but "he has failed to do anything in this regard" and demanded that the government take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital