Woman gang-raped in MP town
Sagar(MP): A woman was allegedly gang-raped by three sweepers at a district hospital where she had gone for treatment of her baby.
The incident, which occurred on Saturday, came to light when the woman along with her husband filed an FIR with Gopalganj police station.
Police on Tuesday said the three sweepers followed her when she went to the toilet and allegedly raped her after threatening to take her life.
The woman had gone to the district hospital for treatment of her baby.
City Superintendent of Police Pramod Sonkar said that all the three accused -- Rahul, Sunny and Sachin -- were arrested.
Condemning the incident, Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay Singh today said that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had talked about guaranteeing the safety and dignity of woman but "he has failed to do anything in this regard" and demanded that the government take steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding