13-year-old girl gang-raped; senior citizen among four booked in Maharashtra
Thane: A minor girl was allegedly gang-raped by two persons, including a 70-year-old man, at Kalyan in Thane district, police said.
Besides the two alleged rapists, two women were also booked in this case as they threatened the victim of dire consequences if she told anybody about the incident, police said on Monday.
In the complaint filed with the police yesterday, the girl alleged that on December 28 last year, she was repeatedly raped by one Jaswant Bhai (70) and Nilesh More (18) at Rupa Karya`s house, where she worked as a maid servant, police said.
Karya and another woman named Preeti (35) threatened the girl of dire consequences if she revealed it to anyone, police said.
Police have booked the four accused under sections 376 (2)(G), 506, rw 34 of the IPC, sections 4 and 12 of the Protection of Child from Sexual Offences act of 2012 and also Juvenile Justice Act, section 23 and 26, police said.
No arrests have been made in this connection so far and further investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand