1993 Mumbai blasts: Zaibunisa fails to surrender before court
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A TADA court here on Friday issued a non-bailable warrant against Zaibunisa Kazi, a convict in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
Zaibunisa had been given time to surrender till today, but she failed to appear before the court.
Zaibunisa Kazi, 70, was granted four weeks` time last months on the grounds of her ailment as she is being treated for kidney cancer. In her earlier plea that was rejected by the apex court, Kazi had pleaded that her sentence be kept in abeyance till her clemency petition was decided by the President.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt had also surrendered before the TADA court yesterday after which he was sent to the Arthur Road Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster