1993 Mumbai blasts: Zaibunisa fails to surrender before court
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A TADA court here on Friday issued a non-bailable warrant against Zaibunisa Kazi, a convict in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
Zaibunisa had been given time to surrender till today, but she failed to appear before the court.
Zaibunisa Kazi, 70, was granted four weeks` time last months on the grounds of her ailment as she is being treated for kidney cancer. In her earlier plea that was rejected by the apex court, Kazi had pleaded that her sentence be kept in abeyance till her clemency petition was decided by the President.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt had also surrendered before the TADA court yesterday after which he was sent to the Arthur Road Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj