7 accused in Jalna mosque blast case acquitted
Jalna: The district and sessions court on Wednesday acquitted all the seven accused in the Qadria Masjid bomb blast case due to lack of evidence.
The seven accused in the case, Maroti Keshwarao Wagh, Yogesh Ravindra Deshpande, Gururaj Jayram Tuptewar, Rahul Manohar Pande, Sanjay alias Bharauo Vittal Chowdhari, Himanshu Panse (all residents of Nanded) and Rakesh Dhawade (Pune) were acquitted in the case due to lack of evidence.
On August 27, 2004, a crude bomb was hurled in the mosque during the prayer.
Seven persons had received injuries in the blast. The imam of of the mosque Sayyed Kausar had lodged a complaint with Sadar Bazar police station in this connection.
Meanwhile, one of the accused Himanshu Panse had died in a blast in Nanded while he was preparing a bomb.
The local crime branch arrested six accused and filed charge sheets against them.
When the case came up for hearing, the judge PH Gajbhiye recorded statements of 28 witnesses in the case. Statements of the then tehsildar and ATS and local crime branch officers were also recorded.
After hearing both the sides, the judge acquitted all the seven accused due to lack of evidence.
Advocate Sanjive Deshpande, Vipul Deshpande, Nitin Runwal and Babasaheb Tengle pleaded the case, while Pradeep Jadhav worked as government pleader.
After the judgment, jubilant RSS workers distributed sweets on the court premises.
Dhawade and others are also accused in the Nanded, Parbhani and Malegaon blast cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in