Autopsy report says actress Jiah Khan died of hanging
Mumbai: Postmortem report of Jiah Khan has concluded that the Bollywood actress died due to hanging and no external injuries were found on her body, police said on Wednesday.
"The postmortem report has found that the death of Jiah Khan was due to hanging and no other external wounds were found," they said.
Jiah (25) hanged herself at her residence in western Mumbai on June 3, allegedly over broken relationship with aspiring actor Sooraj Pancholi, son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab.
Police arrested Sooraj (21) and booked him on the charge of abetment to suicide following the incident.
The actress` mother blamed Sooraj Pancholi for driving her daughter to suicide and later handed over a six-page letter, purportedly written by Jiah, to police, throwing light on the relationship between the two.
The letter did not mention the person it is addressed to and narrates emotional travails of its writer.
Police are yet to verify if the letter was indeed written by Jiah and are awaiting report of handwriting experts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends