Beed dental college official booked for threatening students
Beed: A private college administrator here has been booked for allegedly threatening students, who had complained against the institute to an NGO regarding lack of basic facilities there, police said today.
First year BDS students of Aditya Dental College in Beed district of Maharashtra had complained to Mumbai-based NGO - Forum for Fairness in Education that the college did not have basic facilities like lights, fans in classrooms, laboratories, etc.
Based on a complaint filed by the students that the college administrator, Aditi Sarda, allegedly threatened them after they complained against the institute to the NGO, police yesterday registered a case against her under sections 343(Wrongful confinement for three or more days), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult) of the IPC, Beed police, said.
Meanwhile, Aditi Sarda denied the allegations and termed them as "baseless".
"Those who want to study in the institute can come," she said and assured that they will not face any difficulty.
"The truth will later come to light," she said.
On January 15, the students of the college had staged a dharna at Azad Maidan in Mumbai alleging that the college authorities were harassing them and threatening them with dire consequences On January 17, the students, along with their parents and members of the NGO had met Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and submitted a list of grievances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog