BMC notice to top politicians on illegal alterations
Mumbai: Acting on complaints received from social activists, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation has issued notices to six politicians including three cabinet ministers for allegedly carrying out unauthorised alterations and additions to structures owned by them in two housing societies at Worli here.
The notices have been issued to top politicians who live in Shubhada and Sukhada societies in Worli including Maharashtra deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, Ministers in the state cabinet Patangrao Kadam, Anil Deshmukh, Punjab Governor rpt Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and MPCC president Manikrao Thakre.
"The notices have been issued under 53(1) Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning Act (MRTP) Act. IPS officer-turned- lawyer YP Singh had raised the issue of illegal structure alterations and user conversion in the politicians` Worli housing societies," a top civic official on condition of anonymity told a news agency.
He also said that even the societies were asked to remove the illegal additions. However, when they failed to take any action BMC issued these notices recently.
The BMC has given them a month`s time to remove illegal constructions, Commissioner Sitaram Kunte said.
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?