BMW car hits two policemen in Mumbai
Mumbai: Two policemen were injured after a BMW car hit two cops in Gamdevi in south Mumbai late Sunday night, reports said.
Both the constables were posted at a checkpoint in Gamdevi, when the unfortunate incident happened. It is being alleged that they tried to stop the car, but the driver, who is being said was under the influence of alcohol didn’t stop the car and hit them.
Both the cops have been admitted to a hospital.
Reports said that the only two people were there in the speeding car - a driver and a woman. Police have booked the driver for rash driving and driving under the influence of alcohol.
He is expected to be produced on court on Monday.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents