Bridge collapses in Mumbai, three dead
Mumbai: Three persons were killed while several others were feared trapped beneath the debris after a portion of an under-construction bridge collapsed near the international airport here late Wednesday.
Eight fire tenders and four ambulances have been rushed to the spot and rescue operations are underway, the officials said.
The fire department officials said that those trapped beneath the debris are mostly workers. Those injured in the mishap have been shifted to nearby hospitals for treatment.
A case of negligence has also been registered against the construction company L&T.
This is the second such mishap in Mumbai in less than a month.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire