Bridge collapses in Mumbai, three dead
Mumbai: Three persons were killed while several others were feared trapped beneath the debris after a portion of an under-construction bridge collapsed near the international airport here late Wednesday.
Eight fire tenders and four ambulances have been rushed to the spot and rescue operations are underway, the officials said.
The fire department officials said that those trapped beneath the debris are mostly workers. Those injured in the mishap have been shifted to nearby hospitals for treatment.
A case of negligence has also been registered against the construction company L&T.
This is the second such mishap in Mumbai in less than a month.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police