Bridge collapses in Mumbai, three dead
Mumbai: Three persons were killed while several others were feared trapped beneath the debris after a portion of an under-construction bridge collapsed near the international airport here late Wednesday.
Eight fire tenders and four ambulances have been rushed to the spot and rescue operations are underway, the officials said.
The fire department officials said that those trapped beneath the debris are mostly workers. Those injured in the mishap have been shifted to nearby hospitals for treatment.
A case of negligence has also been registered against the construction company L&T.
This is the second such mishap in Mumbai in less than a month.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption