Bridge collapses in Mumbai, three dead
Mumbai: Three persons were killed while several others were feared trapped beneath the debris after a portion of an under-construction bridge collapsed near the international airport here late Wednesday.
Eight fire tenders and four ambulances have been rushed to the spot and rescue operations are underway, the officials said.
The fire department officials said that those trapped beneath the debris are mostly workers. Those injured in the mishap have been shifted to nearby hospitals for treatment.
A case of negligence has also been registered against the construction company L&T.
This is the second such mishap in Mumbai in less than a month.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report