Budget will stimulate rural sector growth: Maha CM
Mumbai: The Union budget would provide
stimulus to agriculture and encourage rural development,
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Friday.
"Raising the provision for agri sector by Rs one lakh
crore would help improve the condition of farm sector in the
country. Use of Kisan Card at ATM centre would make several
facilities available to farmers," he said reacting to the
The provision of Rs 300 crore for irrigation for
Vidarbha and Rs 70 crore for powerloom cluster at Ichalkaranji
in Maharashtra is a welcome step, Chavan said.
He also lauded the announcement of providing Rs 10,000
crore to Nabard for making finance available to rural banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves