Budget will stimulate rural sector growth: Maha CM
Mumbai: The Union budget would provide
stimulus to agriculture and encourage rural development,
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Friday.
"Raising the provision for agri sector by Rs one lakh
crore would help improve the condition of farm sector in the
country. Use of Kisan Card at ATM centre would make several
facilities available to farmers," he said reacting to the
The provision of Rs 300 crore for irrigation for
Vidarbha and Rs 70 crore for powerloom cluster at Ichalkaranji
in Maharashtra is a welcome step, Chavan said.
He also lauded the announcement of providing Rs 10,000
crore to Nabard for making finance available to rural banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda