Budget will stimulate rural sector growth: Maha CM
Mumbai: The Union budget would provide
stimulus to agriculture and encourage rural development,
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Friday.
"Raising the provision for agri sector by Rs one lakh
crore would help improve the condition of farm sector in the
country. Use of Kisan Card at ATM centre would make several
facilities available to farmers," he said reacting to the
The provision of Rs 300 crore for irrigation for
Vidarbha and Rs 70 crore for powerloom cluster at Ichalkaranji
in Maharashtra is a welcome step, Chavan said.
He also lauded the announcement of providing Rs 10,000
crore to Nabard for making finance available to rural banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report