Budget will stimulate rural sector growth: Maha CM
Mumbai: The Union budget would provide
stimulus to agriculture and encourage rural development,
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said here on Friday.
"Raising the provision for agri sector by Rs one lakh
crore would help improve the condition of farm sector in the
country. Use of Kisan Card at ATM centre would make several
facilities available to farmers," he said reacting to the
The provision of Rs 300 crore for irrigation for
Vidarbha and Rs 70 crore for powerloom cluster at Ichalkaranji
in Maharashtra is a welcome step, Chavan said.
He also lauded the announcement of providing Rs 10,000
crore to Nabard for making finance available to rural banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India