Car driver injures three in Pune
Pune: Bringing back memories of the recent
murderous ride of a state transport bus driver on city
streets, a car driver drove his vehicle into a `no entry` zone
in the Cantonment area, collided with four cars and some two
wheelers, injuring three persons here last night.
The driver, who belonged to a car renting agency, was
apparently under the influence of alcohol, police said.
The driver created panic when he drove his car into the
busy M G Road, coming from wrong direction, hitting the
vehicles that he encountered on the way.
Police arrested the 33-year-old driver Rishabh Talekar
late last night, who had come to Pune on a trip.
Talekar was overpowered by policemen and some youths when
his car slowed down after dashing against the vehicles
that came his way.
The accused was being subjected to tests to confirm
whether he was in an inebriated state while at the wheel and
lost control of the car, police added.
On January 25, state transport bus driver Santosh Mane
had gone on a rampage on the city streets, killing 8 persons
and injuring 27 others. Mane had begun his carnage after
hijacking a bus during the morning rush hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic
- Asin Thottumkal's Italian sojourn with hubby Rahul Sharma is the perfect vacation plan we all want! See pics