Car driver injures three in Pune
Pune: Bringing back memories of the recent
murderous ride of a state transport bus driver on city
streets, a car driver drove his vehicle into a `no entry` zone
in the Cantonment area, collided with four cars and some two
wheelers, injuring three persons here last night.
The driver, who belonged to a car renting agency, was
apparently under the influence of alcohol, police said.
The driver created panic when he drove his car into the
busy M G Road, coming from wrong direction, hitting the
vehicles that he encountered on the way.
Police arrested the 33-year-old driver Rishabh Talekar
late last night, who had come to Pune on a trip.
Talekar was overpowered by policemen and some youths when
his car slowed down after dashing against the vehicles
that came his way.
The accused was being subjected to tests to confirm
whether he was in an inebriated state while at the wheel and
lost control of the car, police added.
On January 25, state transport bus driver Santosh Mane
had gone on a rampage on the city streets, killing 8 persons
and injuring 27 others. Mane had begun his carnage after
hijacking a bus during the morning rush hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says