Chain-snatching gang leader booked
Nagpur: After a series of chain snatching incidents, a five-member gang allegedly involved in it was nabbed and its leader was booked under the stringent MCOCA, police said Friday.
Gang leader Parag Gaikwad (22), Parag Dangi (19), Piyush Wandre (21), Sanjay Kharwade (33) and Suraj Kude, all from Hudekarshwar area, were arrested yesterday in connection with a number of chain snatching cases, police said.
They have committed about 21 chain snatching crimes so far.
Police has booked Gaikwad under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and Additional Commissioner of Police Anant Shinde signed the papers yesterday, they said.
A large number of people, including senior citizens and morning walkers, had been victims of chain-snatching incidents in the city in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state