Chain-snatching gang leader booked
Nagpur: After a series of chain snatching incidents, a five-member gang allegedly involved in it was nabbed and its leader was booked under the stringent MCOCA, police said Friday.
Gang leader Parag Gaikwad (22), Parag Dangi (19), Piyush Wandre (21), Sanjay Kharwade (33) and Suraj Kude, all from Hudekarshwar area, were arrested yesterday in connection with a number of chain snatching cases, police said.
They have committed about 21 chain snatching crimes so far.
Police has booked Gaikwad under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and Additional Commissioner of Police Anant Shinde signed the papers yesterday, they said.
A large number of people, including senior citizens and morning walkers, had been victims of chain-snatching incidents in the city in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post