Chain-snatching gang leader booked
Nagpur: After a series of chain snatching incidents, a five-member gang allegedly involved in it was nabbed and its leader was booked under the stringent MCOCA, police said Friday.
Gang leader Parag Gaikwad (22), Parag Dangi (19), Piyush Wandre (21), Sanjay Kharwade (33) and Suraj Kude, all from Hudekarshwar area, were arrested yesterday in connection with a number of chain snatching cases, police said.
They have committed about 21 chain snatching crimes so far.
Police has booked Gaikwad under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and Additional Commissioner of Police Anant Shinde signed the papers yesterday, they said.
A large number of people, including senior citizens and morning walkers, had been victims of chain-snatching incidents in the city in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)