Chain-snatching gang leader booked
Nagpur: After a series of chain snatching incidents, a five-member gang allegedly involved in it was nabbed and its leader was booked under the stringent MCOCA, police said Friday.
Gang leader Parag Gaikwad (22), Parag Dangi (19), Piyush Wandre (21), Sanjay Kharwade (33) and Suraj Kude, all from Hudekarshwar area, were arrested yesterday in connection with a number of chain snatching cases, police said.
They have committed about 21 chain snatching crimes so far.
Police has booked Gaikwad under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and Additional Commissioner of Police Anant Shinde signed the papers yesterday, they said.
A large number of people, including senior citizens and morning walkers, had been victims of chain-snatching incidents in the city in the past.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed