Cop attacked by NCP corporator’s sons in ICU, FIR lodged
Dhule: Days after Maharashtra MLAs thrashed a cop inside the state Legislative Assembly, another police man was attacked by the sons of a former NCP corporator in Dhule.
It was reported on Thursday that an Assistant Police Inspector (API) Dhananjay Patil was attacked with a sword allegedly by the sons and supporters of a former NCP corporator in Dhule on Tuesday night.
Patil was attacked after he received a complaint and rushed to a place in Junedhone village to settle a fight between two groups during Holi celebrations in the evening.
The ASI was told on phone that one of them Sachin Badgujar was threatening the other group who were dancing near the Holi site at the village.
After reaching the spot, Patil took Badgujar into custody and this angered a group of people, including former NCP corporator Chandrakant Sonar’s sons Devendra and Bhushan who attacked the police officer on his head with a sword.
Patil was then rushed to a civil hospital and later shifted to Aastha Hospital.
Inspector General of Police, state law and order, Deven Bharti later told reporters that a case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and Indian Arms Act for attempt to commit murder and assaulting an on-duty policeman has been registered against the Sonar brothers and a dozen others.
The injured police officer is also said to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win