Court issues NBWs against Thackeray, Parkar for non-appearance
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday issued non-bailable warrants (NBWs) against Maharashtra Navanirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray and its spokesperson Shirish Parkar on a complaint about their alleged hate speeches against the people of Bihar.
The court also rejected their plea for exemption from personal appearance in the case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Devendra Kumar Sharma issued NBWs against Thackeray and Parkar for August 24.
The ACMM had last month also directed them to appear before him in person while rejected Thackeray`s plea for exemption after he had contended that he is unable to attend the court as he has been provided Y-category security.
The court had then held that he has already been provided security and so he is supposed to appear before the court.
Parkar was, however, exempted earlier due to medical resons.
The court passed the order on a complaint filed by advocate Premchandra Jaiswal, who is a member of Bihar State Bar Council, Patna, against the MNS chief`s alleged hate speeches against the people of Bihar and "demeaning" their religious festival of Chhath and also his party workers initmidating them.
The case was initially filed before a court in Patna in 2008 and summoning orders and non-bailable warrants were also issued against the accused persons. The case was later transferred to Delhi in 2010 by the Supreme Court along with similar other complaints filed against Thackeray for allegedly making hate speeches on the plea of MNS chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened