Curfew continues in Dhule for the fifth day
Dhule: Curfew in parts of this strife-torn north Maharashtra town following Sunday`s violent clashes between two communities and police firing continued for the fifth day on Thursday.
"The curfew imposed in Machhi Bazaar and Madhavpura areas is likely to be relaxed at 4 PM after a review of the situation," a police officer said.
Five persons had been killed in the clashes over a trivial matter and the subsequent police firing.
Meanwhile, a Shiv Sena delegation of 14 MLAs led by Diwakar Raote has arrived here to take stock of the situation, Dhule district party president Atul Sonawane said.
According to government sources, 19 police officers and 102 policemen had been wounded in the violence, which was allegedly triggered by a tiff over payment of hotel bills.
Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Javed Ahmed is camping here and would submit a report to the government on the entire episode.
Police have registered cases under various sections of IPC against unknown people for destruction of property and obstructing public servants in discharge of their duty in connection with the clashes but no arrests have been made so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India