Cut down my security: BJP leader to Mumbai police
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council, Vinod Tawade on Tuesday urged the Mumbai Police Commissioner to withdraw eight of the ten policemen deployed for his security saying they could be better used for the security of citizens.
Tawade, a prominent BJP leader, met police chief Satyapal Singh at the Police Commissionerate here and urged him to withdraw his security with immediate effect.
Several policemen are deployed for security of politicians and social figures. If a major chunk of these personnel are drawn for maintaining law and order, then there would a decline in crime, he said.
The recent attacks on senior citizens and women, murder of advocate Pallavi Purkayastha in Wadala and killing of a girl in Chetna College had forced him to take a decision on withdrawing his security, he said.
Responding to Tawade`s request for withdrawing security, Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said, "We would review threat perception to the BJP leader and accordingly would take a call on withdrawing his security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog