Digvijay Singh tweets Bal Thackeray dead, then retracts
New Delhi: In a major goof-up, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday tweeted about ailing Bal Thackeray’s demise, which he later retracted and sought apologies from the family of the Shiv Sena supremo.
“Sorry to hear about Bala Saheb`s sad demise. Never accepted his Political Ideology but admired his Wit and Courage of Conviction,” Digvijay tweeted, alarming the twitteratis.
“My condolences to Udhav and Thakre Family,” he further tweeted, but retracted almost immediately, saying “My apologies to Thakre Family Pray for his speedy recovery”.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena leader and MP Sanjay Raut has said that the condition of Bal Thackeray was stable now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon