Doctor held for carrying out abortion of minor girl
Beed: A local doctor was arrested for allegedly aborting a six-month-old female foetus of an unmarried minor girl here, police said on Sunday.
Meanwhile, two women have also been arrested in connection with the recovery of two female foetuses in Barshinaka area here yesterday.
Police said they arrested Dr Shivaji Sanap, who ran a private maternity clinic on Jalna road here, for allegedly conducting the abortion of a 17-year-old unmarried girl here recently.
Following the termination of pregnancy, the girl and her parents allegedly hid the six-month-old female foetus at their home in Kakad-hira village. A team of police officials searched their home yesterday and recovered the foetus wrapped in a cloth from there.
A case has been lodged against the minor girl and her father Abhiman Jaybhay and his wife Sunita, police said.
Meanwhile, police arrested two women - Mangal Masu Dhighe (29) and Manisha Vilas Javle (28) last night after two foetuses were found dumped in a dry basin of Bindusara river in Beed city.
Police suspect the two women to have dumped their foetuses in the basin after undergoing abortion.
As per the postmortem report, one foetus is of eight months and six days and the other of five months and eight days, both indicating drug-induced delivery (abortion), police said.
After the recovery of two foetuses, District Collector Sadanand Koche had ordered a search on all maternity homes and hospitals in the city to trace the suspects. Five teams comprising officials from police, revenue and health departments were formed to scan maternity homes and hospitals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?