Elderly woman leaps to death in Mumbai
Thane: Depressed over her ill-health, a 57-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping from her residential building here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place in the wee hours yesterday at Kopri locality when Shaila Kashinath Patil, who was suffering from several complications for the last 6-7 years, leaped to death from the terrace of the four-storeyed building, they said.
According to police, the woman initially was diagnosed with diabetes which later led to renal failure following which she was undergoing dialysis twice a week.
The woman was concerned about the major part of the family earnings being diverted towards her treatment, they said.
The watchman found her body lying in a pool of blood in the morning and informed the family.
Kopri police have registered a case of suicide and have initiated investigations.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm