Elderly woman raped and robbed in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 61-year-old woman was allegedly raped and robbed by an unidentified person who entered her house posing as a courier boy, police said on Sunday.
The woman, a resident of suburban Powai, approached the police on Friday evening claiming that a man posing as a courier boy had entered her house and sexually assaulted her.
According to her complaint, the unidentified accused entered her house on December 7 on the pretext of delivering a courier and finding her alone raped her and then fled away with some of her belongings.
Based on her complaint, the police registered a case of rape and robbery. Police are trying to make a sketch of the accused based on the description given by the victim.
Confirming the incident, Deputy Commissioner of Police Cherring Dorje said a probe was on.
Meanwhile, a 41-year-old person has been detained by Powai police in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter