Engineering student commits suicide by jumping before train after being ragged
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: An engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train in Thane, on Friday.
Reports quoted cops claiming to have recovered a suicide note from the pocket of Nitin Padalkar—a second year Electronics and Telecommunications student at the Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology—in which he accused two boys of ragging and harassing him.
His body was found on the railway tracks in the Mumbai suburb on May 10.
A case has been registered at Kalyan Railway Police Station, and cops are investigating the role of the boys named in the suicide note.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video