Engineering student commits suicide by jumping before train after being ragged
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: An engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train in Thane, on Friday.
Reports quoted cops claiming to have recovered a suicide note from the pocket of Nitin Padalkar—a second year Electronics and Telecommunications student at the Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology—in which he accused two boys of ragging and harassing him.
His body was found on the railway tracks in the Mumbai suburb on May 10.
A case has been registered at Kalyan Railway Police Station, and cops are investigating the role of the boys named in the suicide note.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?