Engineering student commits suicide by jumping before train after being ragged
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: An engineering student allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train in Thane, on Friday.
Reports quoted cops claiming to have recovered a suicide note from the pocket of Nitin Padalkar—a second year Electronics and Telecommunications student at the Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology—in which he accused two boys of ragging and harassing him.
His body was found on the railway tracks in the Mumbai suburb on May 10.
A case has been registered at Kalyan Railway Police Station, and cops are investigating the role of the boys named in the suicide note.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed